Every dollar counts when in or planning for retirement. You never know just how much cost of living will increase over time, or what major expenses could pop up unexpectedly. And while most people know about everyday discounts at restaurants and retailers to help cushion everyday expenses, many overlook some of the greatest programs available to help stretch retirement benefits and savings.
Unfortunately many Americans are missing out simply because they don't know these programs exist. That's why we put together this list of the top discounts and benefits that we could find for 2020.
Note that some of these special programs are only available online and may not be around very much longer. For that reason, we recommend our readers claim all of the discounts they can to squeeze the greatest amount of savings this year!
1. Those Collecting Social Security May Consider a "Do-Over" to Claim a Benefits Boost
An obscure tax law allows those who collect social security to halt current benefits, pay back everything collected (interest-free), and restart benefits at a new, higher rate based on your current age. It's called "do-over" and it can dramatically increase social security.
Here's how it works... Let's say someone qualifies for full benefits of $1,600 a month at their normal retirement age of 66, but they decide to begin collecting benefits at 62. As a result, their retirement benefits will be reduced by 25% for the rest of their life (to $1,200 a month in this example) because they'll be collecting a smaller benefit for a longer period of time.
On the other hand, if that person delayed collecting benefits, they will receive an 8% credit for every year beyond their normal retirement age until they reach 70, when their maximum benefit will be 132% of what they would have received at age 66. In this example, this person would receive about $2,100 a month at 70 -- a $900 difference!
Most don't realize this option is available to them, but that doesn't mean it's for everyone. Be sure to crunch the numbers and speak with a qualified advisor before doing anything drastic.
2. Special Program Gives Adults $250,000 in Life Insurance for Just $15/month!
If you have any family, life insurance is a must. Most people don't have savings large enough for their family to pay off their mortgage, cover living expenses, and pay for final expenses — never mind ensuring your loved ones don't inherit your debts.
Life insurance companies know all of this and the bigger the policy, the more they profit. They've been getting away with charging high rates for years – but that's all coming to an end.
Thanks to a new special program, there is now a way to get a rock solid, yet very inexpensive life insurance policy from top providers. Thanks to this amazing website it's easy to see and compare plans, regardless of age or medical history. The best part is it's totally free!
The website will run your options through their technology to automatically find the best life insurance policies available at the lowest possible price. Even if you already have a policy, it can find comparable plans at a much much lower price. You could easily end up saving up to 70% on life insurance!
No medical check and instant approval policies are also available for adults of all ages, even if you have been denied in the past.Get Cheap Life Insurance »
3. Have More Than $15,000 in Credit Card Debt? Use This Brilliant Debt Relief Program
With the skyrocketing cost of living in the United States, more and more adults are struggling with financial debt than ever before. And with interest rates snowballing the amount owed, owing on your credit cards can seem like a trap that can never be escaped. Here's what credit card companies don't want you to know...
For anyone with more than $15,000 in credit card debt, this debt relief program can greatly reduce the amount owed. The program can resolve debt without a loan – allowing many to become totally debt free in as little as 12 months.
So if you carry $15,000 or more in credit card debt, click here to see if you qualify for reduced payments!Reduce My Credit Card Bill »
4. Enjoy Transportation and Travel Discounts
For those that like to get out of town, vacation, or visit the grandchildren, be sure to always ask for discounts from the various travel providers. This is especially true for travelers 55 and over. Here are a few we know about...
- American Airlines: There are various senior discounts that apply to various trips. Call to find out which are available.
- Amtrak: Senior pricing is available for most Amtrak locations. This ranges from 10 to 15 percent off.
- Alaska Airlines: Seniors can save a significant amount with discount plane tickets. However, discounts vary from one time frame to the next. Most commonly, seniors can save 10 percent.
- Southwest Airlines: Seniors over 65 who are traveling with Southwest Airlines may be eligible for Senior Fares. These are available online and for international and domestic travel. You can also purchase Senior Fares through a customer service representative at the airline or a travel agency. You will need to arrive early at the gate to be able to prove your age in order to be checked in for your flight.
- United Airlines: United offers discounted prices for flights for seniors over 65. Seniors need to select the Over 65 category when purchasing tickets online or with a customer service agent. Discounts vary depending on the flight and location.
5. Stop Paying The Electric Company Once And For All — Use Government Rebates To Go Solar And Enjoy $0 Electric Bills
Here's something the power company doesn't want you to know. A little-known government program allows homeowners who live in these specific areas to receive big tax incentives to switch to solar.
The program is called the Federal Residential Renewable Energy Tax Credit, which provides subsidies and rebates that can cover most of the costs associated with installing solar panels. In fact, the average tax break gives back $4,860 just for installing solar panels.
Has your power company told you that? Most likely not.
Once homeowners go solar, their energy bill is drastically reduced — often to $0 or close to it. You can bet the energy companies are not too thrilled about that!
Homeowners can check if their home qualifies here and be on their way to eliminating electric bills.Check if My Area Qualifies »
6. Use This Free Online App to Cut Your Homeowners Insurance in Half Or More
Let's face it... everyone needs homeowners insurance, and the insurance companies know that. But how often do you actually use your insurance? Probably not enough to make up for the cost year after year. Home insurance should not be expensive.
Here's something most people don't know about home insurance and it's one of the easiest ways homeowners can save...
Homeowners insurance is actually pretty inexpensive, but most people are paying far too much. In fact, most homeowners can get the same or even better coverage than they have now for a lower rate. That's all thanks to this popular homeowners insurance comparison site.
In just seconds, you can search available rates from the top insurance providers that compete to give you the lowest rate... allowing you to get a big discount on great coverage. Many report they're able to get a huge savings just by using this site to compare quotes for free.Get My Free Quote »
7. Enjoy These Discounts When Eating Out
Nothing beats home cooking, but it's also nice to have someone else do the dishes every now and again. For those in or nearing retirement, be sure to ask about senior dining discounts and deals at your favorite restaurants. From fast food to steak houses, here are a few of our readers' favorite restaurant deals.
Keep in mind that deals may vary at participating locations and can change without notice.
- McDonald’s: discounts on coffee and beverages (55+)
- Wendy’s: get free coffee or other discounts depending on location
- IHOP: 10% discount (55+) and a menu for people aged 55 and over at participating locations
- Golden Corral: Senior discount varies by location (Inquire)
- Denny’s: Offers a 55+ menu with smaller portions, and better prices. (We like this a lot!)
- Perkins: Restaurants: Fifty-Five Plus menu Offers special deals (55+)
- Subway: 10% off (60+) varies by location
- Old Country Buffet: Daily discounts for seniors (55+)
- Burger King: 10% discount on purchase depending on location (60+)
- Long John Silver’s: 10% discount or discounted beverage (55+)
8. New "Window Replacement" Service Helps Homeowners Get New Energy Efficient Windows
Homeowners should never have pay full price for windows again. In the past replacing windows could cost a fortune. Worse yet, failing to not replace old windows could be catastrophic — causing water leaks, mold and mildew, and increased heating and AC bills.
Savvy homeowners understand that replacing windows is a home improvement investment that not only increases appeal, but can also help put money back in the homeowners pocket with lowered heat and AC bills.
Thanks to this brilliant windows replacement site, homeowners no longer have to pay an arm and a leg for new windows, but can instead get them at the best price! The website gets the top licensed and insured vendors in your area to compete for your business — allowing the consumer to secure the best available price without hassle.
Additionally, by using the website you may be able to secure special discounts, rebates and other local promotions.
Tip to Qualify: When checking your eligibility, the website will verify that a valid phone number is provided. Be sure to carefullly enter your phone number in order to qualify for the absolute best deal in your area.Get New Windows »
9. Paying More Than $16/Week for Car Insurance? Here's How to Save $610/yr Or More...
Did you know that depending on your age and other factors, car owners could get a generous discount on their car insurance?
In fact, if you're paying over $63/month for car insurance, there's a good chance you're paying more than you need to. It's quite common for this to occur, as most simply keep their same old policy in place... and those rates can creep up over time without really noticing.
Most people are also not taking advantage of the multiple discounts available to them (probably because they don't even know they exist). Luckily, finding these discounts and seeing how low your rate could be is super easy. Just use this brilliant website to check for discounts your area qualifies for.See If My Car Qualifies »
Bonus - Never Pay Out-of-Pocket for Costly Home Repairs Again
Unexpected home repairs can be catastrophic to the finances of any homeowner. Unfortunately home insurance will not cover the refrigerator, stove or washing machine breaking down unexpectedly. Same goes for your heater in the winter or AC unit in the summer. If any of these items break, it can run hundreds or even thousands of dollars.
This is why many homeowners are getting this new Home Warranty Program. It can end up saving thousands in the long run by protecting unexpected home repairs. The furnace, appliances, roof repairs, air conditioning – it's all covered under this new program!Click to Learn More »
Don't Forget to Claim The Most Popular Money-Saving Discounts…
✔ Claim $250,000 in Life Insurance: Click here to search discounted rates on life insurance!
✔ Get Rid of Credit Card Debt: Click here if you have more than $15,000 in credit card balances.
✔ Go Solar and Enjoy $0 Electric Bills: Click here to see if your zip code qualifies.
✔ Cut Your Home Insurance In Half: Click here to get a free quote and compare rates
✔ Save on Car Insurance: Click here to save $610+ on car insurance!
If you enjoyed this list, and think others may too, be sure to share it on your favorite social network by clicking the button below…